I made this with <3 minutes prep and cooked in the rice cooker (I'm sure you could do it in the slow cooker) on my way out to go for a run after a long day today.
1/2 cup yellow lentils
half an onion chopped
1 tablespoon minced ginger
half tsp salt (to taste)
several shakes curry powder (to taste)
1-2 cups water (depending on how thick you like it)
Throw all ingredients into the cooker (no sautee, oil, nothing) and press cook. I cooked it for about an hour, but it was done before then (but i was running). YUM. serve over rice or just slurp like soup. yum. i didn't even have garlic or bouillon because i didn't have any-- though i'm sure that would make it yummy too! also, you could add root veggies for a hearty meal. but I'm telling you it was so freaking easy and perfect for leftovers. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment