Sunday, July 17, 2011

Burgers, Pizza, and subs: oh my! Who said there's no such thing as a free lunch?

My first week of residency was filled with shaking hands and learning names, filling out forms, compliance training, tours...and an abundance of quick, convenience food that can feed a crowd. By the end of the exhausting few days (none of which came close to preparing me to assess my first patient!), a few colleagues mentioned to me that they felt bloated or yucky after eating all the free but salty and fatty food. I, on the other hand, had brought most of mine from home. I felt a bit embarrassed getting more than a few compliments on my greens with the kitchen-sink salad or asking for a microwave for my eggplant curry, but it was so delicious I wondered why more people didn't bring their own food from home. And I felt great!

What I now have realized is that people would like to, but they don't know how easy it is to prepare healthy, yummy meals in a quick and easy way.

It's my hope this blog can help readers become more confident at cooking healthy, easy meals that are easy to transport for lunch or on the go. Never cooked Swiss Chard? No problem! It's broccoli's first cousin and even more delish. Don't be intimidated by healthy fresh food...empower yourself to eat well and feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment